The leading health care professionals are affected more than normal population by depression, suicidality and burn-out-syndrome.
Everybody knows it, but too few take action:
- Deutsches Ärzteblatt and Study burn-out of MDs (click)
- Private life suffering with 70 % of all MDs
- MDs with burn-out suffer from strong competition and lack of „good business behaviour“
- Error Management and an adequate attitude is a problem
- Too much responsability
- Consequences of mistakes up to withdrawal of license
- 80 percent of interviewed MDs say to have regular sport or cultural activities. Dr. Zwack: „It is impossible without extra-medical relations and interests.“
- Other than that the resilient MDs recognize early signals of exhaustion. They recognise the wrong inner motivation mechanisms as „good is not good enough“ and „keep going until break-down“. They know their targets and limits and the vulnerable sides.